Jan 9, 2023 Weekly Bulletin
Jan 12 4th Grade to Garfield HS Musical Production
Jan 13 5th Grade to Garfield HS Musical Production
Jan 16 No School – MLK Day
Jan 18 PTSA General Mtg. 6:30 pm
Feb 2 Multilingual Family Enrollment Night 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Feb 8 School Tour 5:00 – 6:00 pm
Feb 9 School Tour 9:15 – 10:15 am
Feb 15 School Tour 9:15 – 10:15am
To a wonderful Hazel Wolf K-8 Community,
I am writing to let you know that at the end of the 2022/2023 school year I will be retiring and leaving Hazel Wolf K-8 and Seattle Public Schools. I have been blessed with a wonderful career, and the rare opportunity to design a school program, and a building to go with it alongside amazing parents and staff.
I thank the staff and families who were part of the initial development of Jane Addams K-8 in 2009, and everyone since who has contributed to our great success as a program. Hazel Wolf has a strong and vibrant community of staff and families and will continue to grow and flourish. Although it will be difficult to leave, I am excited to start a new chapter in my life.
Our Building Leadership Team and PTSA will be keeping you updated regarding the process for selecting a new Principal this Spring.
We still have over half the year to go, so good-byes will come much later!
Take care, Principal Debbie Nelsen
All School Announcements
- Medications at School – A reminder from Nurse Kelly that it is against policy for students to bring any medications to school for which they do not have a medication authorization. This includes prescription and over the counter medications. Under no circumstances should students share medication (including over the counter) with other students. Please talk to your students about this issue. If you have questions, please contact me or other administrative staff. If your student will be taking over the counter or prescribed medications at school, a signed medication authorization is required. This is a document signed by parent/guardian and the prescribing provider. We want to keep our students safe and health at Hazel Wolf!
- School Tours! – Please help get the word out to friends and family who want to become part of the Hazel Wolf K-8 school community. We have three tour dates February 8th, 9th and 15th. Prior to the tours a brief presentation will be given by Principal Nelsen, and one or more members of the board will be available to provide information.
Middle School Announcements
- Information Sessions About Local High Schools – High School tour season has begun and will continue through February. Here is the list of all the open houses/tours that we have been able to find so far, organized alphabetically by school
We will continue to update this link as we get more information from schools, and will send out a weekly email on Wednesdays highlighting the tours happening the following week, like this:
High School tours happening the week of 1/9 to 1/13:
We will also be organizing opportunities for our 8th graders to speak to past Hazel Wolf students at different High Schools to learn more about their experiences, as well as host an event in the Spring to help guide 8th graders through the High School registration process. Please let me know at any time if you have additional questions or concerns that we can help address, and we will do our best!
Sincerely, 8th grade Pack teachers and Ms. Marcu (welcome back counselor Kristin!)
PTSA Sponsored Events
- In the Works for the Spring – Stay tuned for upcoming information about Multicultural Night and other fun social events to bring our community closer together!
- PTSA General Meeting January 18th – Please join us in the Cafetorium from 6:30 – 8:00 pm on January 18th. The agenda for the meeting will include discussion of the process involved in hiring a new principal since Principal Nelsen is retiring (see above). Several members of the board will also present about what they are working on and how members of the community can get involved. We hope to see you there!
- Multicultural Night, K-5 Movie Night – We would love to organize the following social events plus more. To be able to do this we would love your help with planning and or day or set up and or clean up. Or if you other ideas for social events you would like to bring to our school please reach out – email@example.com or text 206-335-2497
- We are still looking for a Secretary, Vice President and Advocacy chair to be on the PTSA board. Please reach out – firstname.lastname@example.org or text 206-335-2497
- Do you love appreciating our staff in fun and unique ways? Awesome, we would love you to be part of our staff appreciation team. Please reach out – email@example.com or text 206-335-249