Nov 7, 2022 Weekly Bulletin
Nov 9th Veteran’s Day Assembly (K-4 9:05 am, 5-8 10:00 am)
Nov 10th Reflections Art Contest deadline
Nov 10th Coat Drive ends
Nov 11th No School – Veteran’s Day
Nov 17th Spring Musical Info Night – 6:00 pm (music room)
Nov 21 – 23 No School – Conferences
Nov 24 – 25 No School – Thanksgiving Break
Dec 2nd Spirit Day (pajamas)/Buddy Day
Dec 10th Show Choir Caroling at Barnes and Nobles 3:30 – 6:00 pm
Dec 13th Middle School Winter Music Concert 7:00 pm
Dec 14th Kindergarten Winter Music Concert 5:30 pm
1st Grade Winter Music Concert 6:30 pm
Dec 16th 1 hr Early Release 2:25 pm
Dec 19 – 30 Winter Break – No School
All School Announcements
1. Pictures – Coming home Monday
2. Veteran’s Day Assembly – Veteran’s and guests are invited to attend our assemblies
3. Spring Musical – Parent information meeting will be November 17th at 6:00 p.m. on the stage (music room). Come find out about the audition process and hear how you can support our production of the Little Mermaid. Attendance for parents of aspiring actors grades 4-8- mandatory. Parents of crew and/or general volunteers (sets, lighting, props, costumes, makeup) highly recommended.
4. Snacks – Middle School kids need protein! Please drop in office for those who can’t afford to bring their own.
Elementary School Announcements
1.Wednesday Ski Bus(Reminder) – this option is available for students in 2nd through 5th grade (also available for middle schoolers). Please see the Hazel Wolf PTSA website for more information.
Middle School Announcements
1. The Middle School Ski Bus (Reminder)
Who? 5th – 8th Graders When? Fridays, beginning January 6th (1/6, 1/13, 1/20, 1/27, 2/4) Where? Summit Central – The Summit at Snoqualmie How? We take a charter bus to and from Summit Central, leaving from and returning to Hazel Wolf
How much? $436 for lessons and transportation OR $250 for transportation only *These costs do not include lift tickets or rental equipment. Lift tickets or season passes will need to be purchased directly from the Summit at Snoqualmie. Equipment rentals will be purchased from WebbSki each week. More information at: Afterschool Programs – Hazel Wolf K-8 PTSA (hazelwolfk8.org)
PTSA Sponsored Events
1. Reflections Art Contest – It is time to create some incredible art for the Reflections Art contest. The theme this year is Show Your Voice! Entries will be collected in all categories (Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts, Film/Video, and Choreography/Dance) and submitted online again this year. We are hoping to have an in-person exhibition and awards ceremony towards the end of the year. The deadline to submit to the Art department is November 10th. Students will be required to write an artist’s statement describing how their piece of art Show’s their Voice. The Reflections Art Contest entry form can be Please make sure all entries meet the guidelines for their category. You can email your form to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Book Fair & Hazel Wolf Library Fundraiser by Blue Kettle Books! November 5th (IN PERSON) through December 1st (ONLINE)
Thanks to the Hazel Wolf PTSA, Blue Kettle Books, Seattle’s newest “bookstore on wheels,” will be in the school parking lot Saturday November 5th, 11am-4pm during the 1st annual ski swap, selling brand new, curated books for all ages. Come inside the “magic bookmobile” and shop for your next favorite page turner. Can’t make it to the in-person bookmobile that day? Don’t worry — you can continue to shop online at https://bookshop.org/shop/bluekettlebooks, November 5th through December 1st. Shop for yourself or purchase books for teacher classroom wish lists. Best of all, Blue Kettle Books is donating 10% of all book fair sales to the school library. Below are the links to teacher wish lists, when you purchase a book from a list, that book will be delivered to Hazel Wolf 😊
- Dolin Grade 5 Wish List
- DeRouen Grade 1 Wish List
- Dorje Grade 2 Wish List
- Wheeler Kindergarten Wish List
- Allenton Music Wish List
- Grandbois Grade 4 Wish List
- Dupaya Kindergarten Wish List
- Rotton Grade 6 Wish List
- Alston Grade 6/7 Wish List
- Rich Grade 3 Wish List
- Thomashow Grade 3 Wish List
- Grandbois Grade 3 Wish List
- Einstein Grade 5 Wish List
- Warner Grade 2 Wish List
- Turek Kindergarten Wish List
3.Hazel Wolf Coat Drive: Each year, we host a coat drive to make sure all Hazel Wolf students have a new winter coat. To sponsor a student(s), please purchase a $50 Target gift card(s) and drop off in the front office. If you would like to purchase the gift card(s) online, please email email@example.com for instructions. You can support the coat drive between October 20th and November 10th.
Family Support will also be holding Giving Drives before Winter Break and Mid-Winter Break to
provide food to families over these longer breaks. Any gift cards remaining after meeting all coat
requests will be used for Family Support.
Thank you to our generous Hazel Wolf community for
your ongoing support of these programs.
Hazel Wolf families that want to sign up to receive a coat can fill out this
This link will also be available through Talking Points. If you have any questions about the Coat
Drive, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4.November Staff Appreciation Day! Buy or make a pie to donate for the staff, tutors and interns to take home. Drop off November 17th or 18th in the staff lounge. We will NOT have refrigeration space. We will need 91 pies if we want everyone from staff, tutors and interns to receive a pie. We are hoping to have a few over for student teachers or extras.
5.Read-A-thon – Read-A-Thon is starting soon! The 2022 read-a-thon is kicking off on November 14th and will run through November 26th. This is a great opportunity to help foster our kid’s love of reading and keep them a little busy over the break. The read-a-thon- is a fundraiser without selling anything. Instead, we will promote our school’s goal of a love for reading. More details and prize info coming soon! Community Sponsored Events Volunteer Opportunities
Community Sponsored Events – ***
Volunteer Opportunities – ***