Oct 3rd, 2022 Weekly Bulletin
Spirit Day (Sports/Hobby) Day) / First Buddy Day!
- Upcoming Dates:
- Oct 4th 4th Grade Curriculum Night 6:00 (Teams) – Changed!!
- Oct 6th Curriculum Night K-2 6:00-6:30, 3rd, 5th 6:45 – 7:15(Teams)
- Oct 7th Recorded MS Sessions will be available on Schoology by end of day
- Oct 10-13th 8th Grade to Mount Rainier Institute
- Oct 11th K-5 Picture Day
- Oct 19th MS Picture Day
- Nov 5th Hazel Wolf Ski Swap
1.Curriculum Nights – This will be a time to hear what is happening in the classroom this year. Team links will come from your teacher. Please plan to attend, and we will also record and post on the website. Middle School recorded presentations will be available on Schoology, and we will make sure they remember how to access so you can watch together.
2.The MS Cookout – The Cookout was a success! The Power Point presentation and frequently asked questions will be posted on the school website this week. The Power Point presentation is also posted on the Middle School Facebook pages currently.
3.Elementary Engineering – We need materials for our 4th and 5th grade Engineering classes. Please have your student bring any items and place them outside of Room 204 in the donation bin labeled, “Engineering.” We are requesting the following items: jumbo and regular craft sticks, 3” x 5” sponges, duct tape, 8 and 12 oz. paper cups (Starbucks may donate), foil, plastic wrap, wooden skewers, Lysol wipes, dry spaghetti, mini marshmallows, paper plates and bowls, rubber bands, brad fasteners, shoe boxes with lids, toilet paper and paper towel rolls.
4.Art Club – Calling all 4th and 5th grade students! Do you like to draw and create? Come to Art Club! Beginning Thursday, Oct 6, during lunch recess for any interested 4th and 5th graders in the art room. It is optional and students do not have to attend every Thursday. Ms. Mackin has done this over the years because 4th and 5th grades only receive a half year of art class. Students can come in and draw, paint, do paper crafts, and finish projects. Please let your student artists know about this opportunity! All are welcome!
5.Picture Day Help Needed – We need at least 4 volunteers to help with picture day on October 11th and October 19th. If you are interested, please reach out to Mrs. Jackson @ email@example.com.
1. Middle School BIPOC Affinity Groups – Mr. J will be leading affinity groups for middle school students who identify as Black, Asian, Latino, Pacific Islander, Indigenous, Arab, Mixed race, and Biracial beginning in October. These groups will take place once every other week during Pack time. The affinity group is meant to be a space where students of the global majority can come together to build community, learn how to collaborate, and celebrate their identities. Students will have an opportunity to sign up during class next week, but if you have any questions please email them to Mr. J firstname.lastname@example.org or Susanna Waldrop email@example.com
2.ORCA Card for MS and HS Students – In case you didn’t know, transit is free for Middle and High School students through June 30, 2023. Riders aged 13 and older are encouraged to show one of the following to the driver if they have it: Youth Card
- Please “tap” your card when you board. On Sound Transit light rail, please also “tap” when you ext.
- If you kept the Youth ORCA card issued by your school during the 2021-22 academic year, it will continue to work through June 30, 2023.
- Current High School or Middle School Student ID
- Youth who do not have one of these can still ride for free
3.First ever Hazel Wolf Ski Swap on November 5th. More details to come! This event, in addition to being a ‘ski swap’ will also be a great event for getting winter clothes, hats, and gloves for everyone! Funds raised will be used to support tutors, outdoor learning, field trips and more.
4.Scouting opportunities for middle school girls: If interested please check out Troop 681 located in North Seattle. To learn more visit Troop 681