Oct 4, 2021 Weekly Bulletin
Oct 2 Varsity G. Soccer vs. Salmon Bay 2:30 at Eagle Staff
Ultimate vs. Eckstein 8th 2:30 at Ingraham
Ultimate vs. Eckstein 7th 1:00 at Ingraham
Oct 4-7 SBA (Smarter Balance Assessment) for 4th-8th (math and ELA)
WCAS for 6th grade (science)
Oct 12 Picture Day K-4
Oct 25-29 Last week of Oct Curriculum Night (Virtual)
Nov 3 PTSA General Session ** Revised Date
Nov 17 Picture Day Retakes
- Lunch Update – I know that there have been a lot of questions about food availability,
change in menus, and not being able to get milk. Some of you may not be aware that there are national supply chain shortages which directly effects what central office nutrition services receives on a daily basis. This has created situations where the menu needs to change. However, be assured that students will always be able to receive some type of lunch which includes protein, fruits, and vegetables. The new milk policy this year is that students can get milk if they take a lunch, but not without. Hopefully this clarifies any of your concerns.
- 4th – 8th Grade Students and Laptops – Students should remember to bring their SPS laptops (personal laptops won’t work) and chargers to Pack on Tuesday. They should also log in and let their computer run all the updates for at least an hour on Monday night so it won’t force a shutdown during testing.
- Scout You In – Where do girls go if they want to go backpacking 50 miles? Learn how to treat a broken leg? Know how to survive overnight in the wilderness? Train to safely shoot a shotgun? Or earn the rank of Eagle Scout?
Troop 681, that’s where. 😊 Troop 681 is an all-girl Scouts BSA (formerly Boy Scouts) troop located in North Seattle and is currently looking for new members. Any girl in 6th grade and up is welcome to come check us out.
Please visit our website http://www.troop681.org for more information or to register.
Some upcoming meetings are October 13th, 20th and 27th at the Greenwood Senior Center located at 525 N 85th St, Seattle.
We are excited to “SCOUT YOU IN.”
- Close Hangers – Please bring in any spare durable hangers you have to the office. Lost and found is collecting and we need to get everything organized again. If you are interested in an easy one day volunteer opportunity to help with organizing this and donated clothes email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PTSA General Session Date Change – Please note that the meeting was moved to November 3, 2021 to accommodate Curriculum Night the last week of October.
- Spirit Gear Coordinator Needed — The person in charge of Spirit Gear will run spirit gear sales (typically twice per year) plus hold pop up tables at appropriate events (such as Back to School Night). This person will be in charge of selecting and ordering goods to sell, coordinating sale (to include working with fundraising to set up a website, distributing sales forms through appropriate channels, etc.) and finally, distributing items. Email email@example.com for more information or to sign up.
- Hall of Fame – November/December after school enrichment program registration coming soon!
Engineering, Yoga, Dance, Socio-emotional Art, Middle School Field Day, Volleyball, Gaga Ball, and more!
Hall of Fame Team Camp Session 2 runs November 1st through December 16th
Look for a flier coming home in Kid Mail this week or go to our website for more information and to register: http://hof-teamcamp.com/hazel-wolf.html
- Sign Up for Family Support Programs – Any families that want to sign up for Family Support, the weekend food backpack or the monthly household supply box, can email Tracy Buckingham at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include student’s name, the program(s) they want to sign up for, and a good way to contact you.
- Advanced Learning – The Advanced Learning Department, in alignment with the Advanced Learning Task Force recommendations, and the department’s antiracist work, will be considering all K-8 students for eligibility this year. Family referrals will no longer be necessary. Outside testing will also not be considered. Eligibility decisions will be based on student performance data, grades, teacher and community member feedback, and family input.
To read more about the changes being implemented this year, please visit the district website: https://www.seattleschools.org/news/advanced-learning-referral-process/
- Girls Soccer Coach Needed – Still in need of an Assistant Girls Soccer Coach. If interested, please contact Mr. Jose email@example.com
- SBA / WCAS Testing – This is the yearly standardized testing which typically happens with all 3rd – 8th graders in the area of Math and ELA. This fall it will only be 4th – 8th because they are taking the end of last years test (i.e. 4th will be taking end of 3rd grade assessment). The science assessment (WCAS) will only be for 6th graders (taking the end of year 5th grade assessment).
- Calling all Wolfpack Artists! – This year’s Reflections Art Contest theme is, “I Will Change the World By…” Students can submit artwork in six categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, and Visual Arts (2D or 3D). Only one entry per student per category is accepted, though students can enter work in more than one category! Grade categories are preschool-2nd grade, 3rd-5th grade, and 6th-8th grade. There is also a special artist category for children who receive accommodations.
All entries must be received by end of school on Monday, November 1st!
Get more info, along with electronic copies of submission materials at: https://www.wastatepta.org/events-programs/reflections/
Contact Tatiana Kaminsky (Tatiana.firstname.lastname@example.org) for hard copies of entry forms, for help completing forms or with any other questions.