Sept 13 2021 Weekly Bulletin
Reminder to not drop students off before 8:35 as there is no supervision.
- Fall Sports – Paperwork is due Tuesday 9/14 to the office or Mr. Jose.
• Girls’ Soccer practice will start on 9/14 and students meet Coach Kent Ridley in the back parking lot. Practice is after school until 5:00 at North Acres Park.
• Ultimate practice will start on 9/14 and students meet Coach Dowidar in front of the school. Practice is after school until 5:00 at Pinehurst Park.
• Also, we are still in need of a volunteer Ultimate Frisbee Coach and a Girls’ Soccer Assistant Coach. Any questions, please contact Mr. Jose firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mask Wearing Expectations – Snug-fitting masks provide excellent protection.
• Make sure masks cover your mouth and nose and fit snugly against the sides of your face and under the chin. Gaps can let air with respiratory droplets leak in and out around the edges of the mask.
• Use a cloth mask with multiple layers of fabric or wear a disposable mask underneath a cloth mask.
• Choose masks with a nose wire or mask fitter.
• For visuals of these tips, visit the CDC’s guidance for improved mask use and King County Public Health Masking guidance.
- After-School Hall of Fame Team Camp – Get ACTIVE after school with Hall of Fame Team Camp’s varied programming of exciting games and activities. Join in for Gaga Ball, 6-Square-In-The-Air, Benchball, Tchoukball, frisbee competition games, wacky relays, nail-biting tournaments, and so much more!
3:45-4:45 and 4:45-5:45 Daily, 9/7 – 10/29
(2:20-3:45 also on Wednesdays!)
$105 per block
New option! Purchase a 10-day Drop-In Pass. Drop in for 10 days between Sept 7 and Oct 29. MON, TUE, THU, and FRI, 3:45-5:45pm only: $280
Get More information or Enroll at: https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fhofteamcamp.campmanagement.com%2Fp%2Frequest_for_info_m.php%3Faction%3Denroll&data=04%7C01%7Ceshelby%40seattleschools.org%7C5a6738cb44ee49345e1808d96ee8e6bf%7Cd431d15860744832878351ea6f6dd227%7C0%7C0%7C637662768850342095%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=pZPh92Ys6N18xwpunChMQ2ZTz3NcdWGYK%2B4DGjy1P3k%3D&reserved=0
- Extra Kids Clothes – Please share your used children’s clothes, the ones they outgrew during Covid, with the nurse’s office. We are almost totally out and need pants, shorts, shirts, etc…
- North Seattle College’s Family Connectors University (FCU) Class – This is a family-focused online course designed to help parents support their child’s learning and growth. In partnership with North Seattle College and SPS Family Partnerships Department, topics include:
· Helping your child with learning
· Social Emotional Learning ideas for home
· Becoming a supportive partner at your school
· Helping your child with ‘big emotions’
· Supporting your child with reading and math
· Talking to kids about race, racism, and antiracist actions
Take this course in real-time or attend offline at a time that works for you. The class takes place online via Zoom for 10 weeks beginning Tuesday, September 28th at 6-7 pm. Parents can participate synchronously or asynchronously, as sessions will be recorded.
Course is facilitated by NSC Parent Education Instructor Lea Evans, Principal Janine Roy, SPS Family Partnerships Coordinator Asosa Sailiai, and special guest speakers.
The cost for the 2-unit class is $39.42 and some scholarships are available. Email Asosa Sailiai to enroll or find out more information: email@example.com.
- Essential Volunteers – Unfortunately, for the start of this year we cannot allow parents or other community members to volunteer in our school. We are only allowed to schedule “Essential Volunteers” at this time due to the likelihood of increased exposure to COVID. Essential volunteers are those who are necessary to programs that support our students, like the backpack program, which supplies food to students on Fridays. While this may change at some point in this school year, it is currently district protocol to ensure the safety of our students.
- Student Device Payment – Here’s the link for the fees https://www.schoolpay.com/pay/for/FY2122-Student-Device-Program-Fee/Sdera4F FY21-22 Student Device Program Fee
Seattle Public Schools issues a laptop or iPad, depending on grade level, to each student yearly to ensure equitable access to technology. Each year we ask that parents agree to have a device issued to their student and pay a non-refundable fee of $25 for use, support, repairs or upgrades. All students across the District are expected to receive a device. Contact your school office for assistance if the fee presents a hardship. In alignment with Washington State Technology Standards, career and college readiness goals, and in order to address the “digital divide”, the District will provide a device to each student for use by the student. The devices will ensure our students have access to the tools and skills needed to be successful during their school career. Additional information and required forms related to the distribution of devices can be found on the Department of Technology’s Student Device Program website. Leaving the SchoolPay website may require you to log back into SchoolPaywww.schoolpay.com
- K-3 Supply Donation – Here’s the link for the K-3 donations https://schoolpay.com/pay/for/2021–22-K3-School-Supply-Donations/SeInMt . This is a requested donation to cover the cost of basic materials your children will use in class. We do this to make sure all students have access to the same types of materials, and because at this age students use shared tubs of materials vs their own.
- Covid Related Safety Information –
- It’s EASY to join the PTSA! This does NOT commit you to attending meetings or volunteering– it just shows that you support the activities we provide for our students! Our goal is to have at least one family member join the PTSA for each student, so we can continue to align our budget and initiatives to our community’s needs.
If you would like to be a PTSA member but the dues are a hardship, we do offer scholarships, and all of our activities are open to our entire community. You never need to be a member to participate or volunteer. If you are interested in a PTSA scholarship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.