Emergency Procedures at Hazel Wolf K-8
*It’s best to ALWAYS bring an ID when picking up your student from school*
In the event of an emergency at school or within the city there is a protocol set in place for all families of Hazel Wolf to be reunified. Here at Hazel Wolf K-8 the parent/ guardian responsibility in the event of an emergency are as follows:
- Before leaving home be sure to have a PHOTO ID
*Students will only be released to an adult on their Emergency Release Form with an ID
- CHECK IN: If the building is untouched parents will form lines out the front doors to check in. If we need to be out of the building the lines will form outside the main doors.
*Signs will be posted by the first letter of the student’s last name for the lines
*Please line up in the appropriate lines and be prepared to wait patiently. If you have students with different last names you may pick a line.
* You will receive a student release/runner form that must be filled out for each student- this form will remain with the runner throughout the process.
- BE PATIENT: all parents/ guardians have to go through the same process to be reunified. No student will be released without going through our school reunification process. The more patient and understanding parents/ guardians are the faster we will be able to move people through the line to be reunified with their child.
- After check in is completed you will be directed to the Family Reunification area where your student will be brought to meet up with you. Parents/ Guardians will ONLY be allowed to pick up their student in the Family Reunification area! You will need your ID one last time at this station and also be able to indicate your destination after leaving the school.
*No matter how long some staff may know you, ID is still REQUIRED to pick up a student. Please come prepared.