April 24, 2023 Weekly Bulletin
Hazel Wolf Weekly Bulletin
- Apr 28 – 2nd Grade Field Trip to Seattle Children’s Theatre
- Apr 28-30 Little Mermaid Musical
- May 2 PTSA Community Mtg. 6:30 p.m.
- May 7 Hazel Wolf K-8 Family 2nd Day at the Mariners
- May 8-12 Staff Appreciation Week
- May 11 Multicultural Night (time TBA)
- May 24 – 2/3 Music Concert
- June 7 E-STEM Celebration Night 5 p.m.
- June 21 Pups to Wolves Celebration 5 p.m.
- June 29 – 8th Grade Promotion 5 p.m.
All School Announcements
Please join us on Tuesday, May 2nd 6:30 – 8 p.m. for a community discussion about Hazel Wolf K-8, and how the PTSA should allocate our money to support programs the community cares deeply about. Your input is needed, so we are hoping for a high turnout!! Language interpreters will be available at the meeting.
Order your yearbook ($20)
Now through May 15, 2023!
The 2022-2023 Hazel Wolf K-8 yearbook is a full-color book of special memories of students and staff. Order your copy now through May 15, 2023! The books will be shipped to the school in mid-June.
School Musical – Come see “The Little Mermaid”!
- 4/28 at 5:30
- 4/29 at 2 and 5:30
- 4/30 at 2 and 5:30
$10 adult, $5 student/youth
Camp Invention® is bringing new, imaginative experiences for grades K-6 back to Hazel Wolf K-8 the week of July 10 to 14!
Use promo code SUM15 by 5/17/23 to save $15!
Elementary School Announcements
Hall of Fame Team Camp After School Programs: Session 5 Registration is live!
Hall of Fame Team Camp provides on-site after-school childcare and enrichment to Hazel Wolf families. We are excited to introduce Jewelry Making, Creative Writing, and Only Origami to our line-up and by popular demand are bringing back Flag Football!
- Session 4 ends on Friday, May 5
- Session 5 kicks off on Monday, May 8
- Session 5 registration closes on Friday, May 12
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions and for information on scholarships.
Middle School Announcements
Phones – This is a reminder to students that once they come onto school grounds, phones are to be put away until the end of 6th period.
PTSA Sponsored Events
Staff Appreciation Week is right around the corner (May 8-12)!
We’ve got some fun PTSA sponsored events and some plans where we’ll need help from our families! Check out how you can help:
- Weekend Prior May 6 & 7 – Call for all chalk artists to chalk up our front door/sidewalk area. Would be an awesome class or grade-level event to build community. Register for chalk event
- Wednesday, May 10 – Soup lunch made by our community. Watch for more detailed news from your room reps – most importantly, have FUN and let’s show these teachers and staff how much we love and appreciate them! Register for soup lunch
Save the date! On Thursday May 11, share your culture with food, dance, posters, music and more! More information to come soon! Any questions or if you’d like to help plan please contact Zoe at email@example.com or 206-445-8521.
Hazel Wolf K-8 Day at the Mariners
Please join us at a Mariners Game Sunday, May 7 at 1:10 p.m.
Join the Racial Equity Committee (REC)
Our goals are focused on helping students and families of color and those who are furthest from educational justice (intersectionality with race, ability, language, gender, socio-economic status, etc). We are open to all families joining and we prioritize Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) for the committee.
With this help we can continue to support Student Affinity Groups, host listening sessions for BIPOC, work with PTSA and school staff to advocate for racial equity practices in our school, and more! To learn more or join the REC, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you love enjoying and or building community?
Are you interested in becoming more involved with the school? Please consider coming to one of our upcoming PTSA meetings on May 31 or June 14 to learn more about the work we do for the school. If you have questions, please reach out to Christa Kleiner email@example.com
Two great open positions we would like to fill – Treasurer and Parent Education Coordinator for next year. Come join us!