March 27, 2023 Weekly Bulletin
Hazel Wolf Weekly Bulletin
- Mar 27 Last Day of Hazel Wolf Direct Appeal!
- Mar 27-29 6th Grade to Nature Bridge
- Mar 29-31 5th Grade to Nature Bridge
- Apr 1 Hazel Wolf K-8 Family Night at the Mariners -SOLD OUT
- Apr 4 Community Discussion 6:45 pm
- Apr 6 3rd Gr Field Trip to the Zoo
- Apr 7 Spirit Day (Silly face, hair and hat day) & Buddy Day
- Apr 20 K Field Trip to Zoo
- May 7 Second Hazel Wolf K-8 Family Day at the Mariners
- May 24 2/3 Music Concert
All School Announcements
Community Discussion! – Please join us on Tuesday, April 4 for a community discussion about Hazel Wolf K-8, budget changes, and how our community and PTSA can best support our school.
Ms. Nelsen will give an update about budget changes for next year and discuss lessons learned from the threats of violence made in our middle school last month. Then we will have an opportunity to discuss our priorities and how to support our students and families.
Everyone is welcome! Unfortunately, childcare is not provided.
Hazel Wolf Cafetorium 6:45-8 p.m.
Middle School Announcements
Athletics – We need all basketball jerseys washed and returned to Ms. N or the front office.
- Spring Season has Begun. If your student is interested in joining co-ed track, girls volleyball, or boys soccer it’s not too late. All practices are Tuesday and Thursdays from 3:35-5 p.m. If you want more information, please reach out to Ms. N at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middle School Sport Information – There have been a number of questions about when various middle school sports are meeting and when they start. Announcements were made at school but this information is not always making it home to students.
- All practices are Tuesday and Thursdays from right after school until 5:00 pm.
- Soccer meets in the back parking lot and they jog to Northacres Park.
- Track carpools on Tuesdays to Nathan Hale starting next Tuesday, March 28th. They carpool to Maple Leaf Park on Thursdays.
- Volleyball is in the Hazel Wolf Gym.
- There are no meet/game schedules yet for the sports mentioned above.
- Note: Spring Ultimate Frisbee is a club sport, students sign up through DiscNW.
Middle School Summer Camp Counselor in Training (CIT) Opportunity
Be a part of Hall of Fame Team Camp’s first official CIT program! This is a unique opportunity for 13-15 year olds to join a fast-paced, fun environment, working with younger campers while receiving mentorship from a CIT manager and amazing counselors. You’ll learn from incredible leaders, gain confidence, build new friendships, and make a lasting impression on the younger campers. Check out the CIT website for more information.
Please reach out to email@example.com for general questions and for information on scholarships.
PTSA Sponsored Events
It’s not too late to donate to the 2023 Direct Appeal!
Thank you to our 125 donors, we are currently 30% of the way to reaching our goal of $75,000. We’re aiming for 100% participation from our families and any amount helps. Plus, with every donation you’ll be entered to win great prizes! Funds raised from the Direct Appeal have a very real, important impact at our school. These funds help support our tutoring program, provide field trip and overnight scholarships, helps our teachers and staff buy the supplies and books that they need, and so much more. Learn more about Direct Appeal Campaign and watch Principal Nelsen’s Direct Appeal video.
Hazel Wolf K-8 Family Night at the Mariners
The Hazel Wolf Mariners Night on April 1 is sold out. We sold 200 tickets! But wait – A second night has been scheduled for Sunday May 7 at 1:10pm. We have 400 tickets reserved. Sign up here: Hazel Wolf Goes to the Mariners
Dine Out Night at Chipotle
Thank you to everyone who joined us at our March Dine Out night at Chipotle! With your help, and your appetites, we raised over $260! See you at the next one!
Do you love enjoying and or building community – Are you interested in becoming more involved with the school? Please consider joining a PTSA board meeting on April 19, May 31, or June 14. If you would like to join please reach out to Christa Kleiner firstname.lastname@example.org
We are still recruiting for a Vice President and Secretary. We are also recruiting for a social events coordinator for next year. Please join us!