Nov 12, 2023 Weekly Bulletin
- November 6th through November 28th: Blue envelope campaign
- Tuesday, November 14th: Staff Appreciation – coffee cart and Eltana bagels
- Wednesday, November 15th: Picture Retake Day and 6th Graders will take their pictures.
- Monday November 20th-Wednesday November 22nd: Parent Teacher Conferences (no school)
- Thursday November 23rd through Friday November 24th: Thanksgiving Holiday (no school)
- Wednesday, November 29th: MOD Pizza Dine-Out Fundraiser
- Sunday, December 3rd: Barnes and Noble Fundraiser – Show Choir sings at 3:30 and 4:30
- Thursday, December 7th: Jungle Book performance, 5:30pm
- Friday, December 8th: Jungle Book performance, 5:30pm
- Saturday, December 9th: Jungle Book performance, 2pm
- Saturday, December 9th: Hazel Wolf Kraken Game, 7pm
- Sunday December 10th: Jungle Book performance, 2pm
- Friday December 15th: 1 hour early dismissal prior to Winter Break
- Monday December 25th through Monday January 1st: Winter Break (no school)
All School Announcements
Message from Dr. Breuder:
Happy Veterans Day! Thank you to all who have served! My father was in the Navy, and he has told my siblings and I many stories about being on Navy submarines and the relationships and connections he made while serving. Thank you to all our Hazel Wolf veterans, as we honor and celebrate you. At school, we were scheduled to have our Veterans Day assemblies this last week, but unfortunately, we had to postpone them, due to technical difficulties in the cafeteria. We will reschedule as soon as the problem is fixed.
No School November 20-24: Please remember that we do not have school the entire week of November 20th. The first part of the week is set aside for conferences, while the second part of the week is in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Volunteer Orientations: Please remember that all volunteers need to go through the entire volunteer clearance process before volunteering at Hazel Wolf. There are still several Volunteer Orientations throughout the school year that parents and caregivers can attend if they want to volunteer at school. Find the complete list here: https://hazelwolfk8.org/2023/10/24/volunteer-orientation-dates-and-times/
“The Musical Note” – from Ms. Allenton
- Sunday, December 3rd: Barnes and Noble Fundraiser. Show Choir sings at 3:30 and 4:30. More details to come including our fundraising voucher code. Proceeds support building our general music library and the drama department.
- Thursday, December 7: Jungle Book performance @ 5:30.
- Friday, December 8: Jungle Book performance @ 5:30.
- Saturday, December 9: Jungle Book performance @ 2:00.
- Sunday, December 10: Jungle Book performance @ 2:00.
- Thursday, December 14th: Nutcracker field trip
Seattle Young Engineers: Lego Robotics for 4th-6th Graders brought to you by Hall of Fame Team Camp After School Programs
- Session 2 (Nov 6-Jan 26) registration is live and there are still seats available. We have extended the enrollment period through Monday, November 13th for Lego Robotics which takes place on Wednesdays from 2:15-4:10pm.
- For more information and to register, please check out our website hof-teamcamp.com or reach out to email@example.com
Middle School Announcements
- Autumn Masquerade: What a fun night! (This was my first middle school dance since I was in middle school myself.) It was so great to see our middle school students in a setting outside of the classroom. The theme of Autumn Masquerade brought out some pretty fantastic costumes, as well! Thanks to the ASB Council for planning this event. Thanks also to the Hazel Wolf staff members who helped supervise the Autumn Masquerade. We are already reflecting on things that went well and ways to modify for our next middle school event.
PTSA Announcements and Events
- Staff Appreciation November 14th: Help is Needed! We are appreciating our staff on Tuesday November 14th with a coffee cart and Eltana bagels. Are you able to pick up bagels at 7am on Tuesday? Are you able to meet the coffee cart at 7:30 at the school? Are you able to help take coffee orders and deliver coffee orders from 8-10am? If so, please contact our staff appreciation coordinator Alice at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Blue Envelope Campaign Continues This Week! Your support for this year’s Direct Appeal helps support PTSA programs like Staff Grants. With Staff Grants budget, the PTSA is able to give every full-time teacher at Hazel Wolf a Classroom Grant of $400, allowing them to enhance the learning experience of their students. The grant can be used for classroom supplies, curricula, books, software, and website or magazine subscriptions. Staff Grants also support the Engineering, Art, Music, and Physical Education programs.
We need your support to continue important programs like these! Learn more and donate here: https://hazelwolfk8.org/2023-blue-envelope/
REMINDER to students: Bring in your work of art that illustrates something you love about Hazel Wolf. We’ll display their designs on the front windows and you’ll be entered to win lunch with Principal Breuder!
- Volunteer Opportunities: To learn more about our PTSA board positions and non-board positions (i.e., program lead positions), please visit our volunteer page: https://hazelwolfk8.org/volunteer/
- Lunch volunteers: Thank you to all the parents who are helping serve lunches! You can continue to sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0E49ACAA22AAFF2-44373930-lunch
- Nathan Hale High School Horticulture and Winter Farm: Winter Open House is Sunday, November 19th, from 11am to 1 pm. Come visit us at the Greenhouse, make a wreath for the season, pick up a poinsettia, and celebrate the changing of the seasons with us. You can pre-order poinsettias and a wreath class here: https://nathanhaleurbanfarm.square.site/